Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Heroes, Part 2


I am going to have to stop telling women that I love their husbands! But, that it the first thing I said to Mary when I met her.

Fortunately, her response was, “He is really great, isn’t he!”

Her husband is Tim, and he volunteers here at the clinic. Tim is a pharmacist who came on board to help Keith and Marilyn. Tim didn’t really love working here – and because he was in a high stress job, it was difficult for him to be here on Tuesday nights.

Then the opportunity opened up for a pharmacist to become part of the team for our Diabetic Clinic. I was able to talk Tim into doing that job – and six years into it, he is still our Diabetic Clinic pharmacist. He is amazing to work with – bright, caring, and knowledgeable.

Have I mentioned that I love my pharmacists?

When the clinic first opened, I had no idea that I would need pharmacists. I had never worked in an environment where pharmacists were a part of the team.

I would never again work where they are NOT part of the team. What the pharmacist brings to the table is amazing, and vital to the care of our patients.

Tim is helping us out on Tuesday nights now while Keith is going through his treatments. We could not function without the help he gives us.

He is another one of my heroes.

No comments:

Post a Comment