Friday, August 8, 2014

Book Recommendations


When I am faced with a problem or a challenge, I tend to turn to books, both to gather information and as an escape.

Recent family health issues have led me to read several books that I highly recommend to anyone facing end of life issues. These books are much more about gathering information, but most of them are also about someone else on this journey at the end of life. Their stories have encouraged me, given me much-needed information and insight, and have helped me form the questions I have that need answers.

In no particular order, here are the books that have really spoken to me:

My Mother, Your Mother: What to Expect as Parents Age by Dennis McCullough, MD

 

Knocking on Heaven’s Door: The Path to a Better Way of Death by Katy Butler

 

The Best Care Possible: A Physician’s Quest to Transform Care Through the End of Life by Ira Byock, MD

 

A Bittersweet Season Caring for our Aging Parents – and Ourselves by Jane Gross

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment