Thursday, November 20, 2014

I'm Back!


I have taken an unplanned hiatus from my blog.

Since the death of my dad on September 2 of this year, I have experienced grief up close and personal.

I have lost friends and acquaintances, I have worked with people who were dying, I have read about grief, taught about grief, and even written about grief, but come to find out – I knew nothing about grief.

My dad was the first immediate family member that has died. It is a bitch to lose someone so close to you.

I have done what millions of people do – I have cried, I have laughed, I have been angry, I have been exhausted, I have been sadder than I thought it was possible to be. Did I mention, I have been angry?

All of this is not a news flash for those of you who have experienced losses in your life; I know that I am fortunate to be my age, and this be my first experience with the death of a family member. I have just been surprised at how hard it is.

There are days when I have barely have enough energy to get through the day. Some days I spend the entire day crying. When someone asks about my dad, who doesn’t yet know about his death, the tears start flowing.

Yet I have survived. I have found joy in my life. And, hopefully, I can once again do the work I know I was called to do.

So – the blog is back! Thank you for checking in periodically, for the support many of you have given me over the past few months, and always – thanks for reading my blog!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment