Tuesday, January 20, 2015

NEHM


Today’s email brought this message:The Board of Directors of Episcopal Health Ministries, facing the reality of the funding environment, has concluded that we can no longer maintain our current staffing.”

A transition team has been put in place…

Another loss.

National Episcopal Health Ministries (they dropped National from the name a couple of years ago, but I still always think of them as NEHM) has been such an important part of my journey for the past eight years.

I have attended every one of the national conferences put on by NEHM; I have presented at three of them. Because of one presentation about healthcare reform, I had the opportunity to do a national webcast. Matt and Sue have supported me and encouraged me.

I have met people from all over the country who are involved in healthcare in various ways. There are parish nurses, nurse practitioners, priests, and people involved in every aspect of healthcare and faith.

At the conferences we have heard amazing speakers – Edwina Gately and Sara Miles among them. We have visited amazing places – Kanuga in North Carolina; San Francisco; Racine, Wisconsin; and, my favorite - New Orleans!

This news just makes me so sad…I will miss the people and the opportunities that NEHM gave me.

Matt and Sue, thank you for all you have done, and best wishes for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment