Friday, April 5, 2013

Curt


Curt has been a patient at the clinic for five years. He has a history of heart disease, emphysema, high cholesterol and acid reflux. He is a smoker.

He receives his medications at the clinic monthly. He and his wife are taking care of his father for a small amount of money each month. They receive $200 a month in food stamps.

Curt is one of the most polite people I have ever met. He says “Yes, ma’am” – which is unheard of here, though it is something I am a sucker for, having grown up in the south. He is always quiet and well mannered. He usually sits by himself in the hallway when he is at the clinic. He does not go outside to smoke here, because he knows how we feel about that.

He stands out in a crowd because of his good manners.

I don’t know much about Curt, but what I do know is that he has a record for Criminal Sexual Conduct. I do not know his story; I do not know any of the details. What I know is that the reason I know who he is, is because of how he acts every time he comes here. Always like a gentleman.

1 comment:

  1. and you continue to do God's work - as the Lord requires of you - to do justice, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God. Thank you for being God's hands in this ministry.

    ReplyDelete