Thursday, June 20, 2013

Update on Cindy - June 17, 2013

Cindy came by to see me today. She had a big smile and a new haircut. Except, it wasn't a new haircut - she was wearing a wig.

Cindy will finish her chemo next month and will then go through the testing to determine if she is in remission, and to make sure there is no spread of the cancer.

Last week she was able to get a couple of wigs, a bra, and (her words) "a boob". She feels great, looks fabulous, and couldn't stop thanking me. I am not sure why because as I recall, I'm the one who told her she had cancer. Yikes.

But, she feels lucky. Her daughter will be here from out west next month and she is well enough to spend time with her and enjoy the visit.

While she is receiving treatment she is covered by Medicaid. Once she is through with her treatment, she will no longer receive the Medicaid. Can anyone tell me how/why that makes sense??

No comments:

Post a Comment