Monday, December 1, 2014

Buzz


I wanted to take an opportunity to say goodbye to a dear man.

I met Buzz and his wife several years ago. The clinic was fairly new and one of the local food pantries called asking for some flyers so that they could let their clients know about it.

I put a handful of flyers in an envelope, but then decided it would cost too much to mail it. So, I got in my car and drove over to the food pantry to deliver them.

Buzz and his wife were volunteering at the food pantry when I got there. We just hit it off right away. They were so excited about our new ministry and were so aware of the need in our community.

I have always called this meeting a “God moment.” It was meant to be.

Buzz was very active in the community – he arranged for me to speak a couple of times at a service club where he was a member. He and his wife sent the clinic a check every single month.

Buzz died a couple of weeks ago. He will be missed by us here at the clinic, by his community and all of those who knew him.

Our sympathy to his wife and family. Buzz made a real difference in this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment